Submissions are not yet open for globalFEST Showcase/Flagship 2021.
globalFEST’s flagship festival takes place every January and is North America’s most important world music industry event. It sells out in advance consistently each year, attracting over 1,200 music industry professionals, members of the press and music fans! Following their participation in gF, artists have gone on to tour North America at venues such as Hollywood Bowl, Lincoln Center, Bonnaroo, Coachella, The Kennedy Center, SXSW, the Apollo Theater and hundreds of other theaters and festivals. Tours and cultural exchanges that result from gF showcases have helped to build an ever-widening audience for global music and by extension, an increase in international cooperation and collaboration.
- There is a $20 admin fee. Please email [email protected] if you are unable to afford this fee.
- Submissions must be completed in one sitting. At this time there is no option to save and return to a partially completed application, therefore use the checklist below to prepare the materials needed to apply in advance. We recommend answering the questions in a separate document.
- Artists are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and visas. gF partner Tamizdat Artist Services offers gF artists low-cost visa application services. We suggest starting the visa process as soon as you confirm participation to avoid having to pay additional premium processing costs of $1400. Currently the US visa process can take 3 months or longer. For more information, please visit https://www.artistsfromabroad.org/.
- gF provides backline, production and catering. Artists selected to perform at gF 2021 will perform a 45-60 minute set, with staggered start times to allow 1,200 + audience members to circulate and sample all stages. We will also provide a reimbursement of $150 (U.S. based) per artist in group plus one crew member and $250 (international) per artist in group plus one crew member.
- Applications must be submitted online and all at once (there is no option to save and go back to your application after you have started). We recommend you preview the information and materials you will need to complete the online application form before starting your application. You can download the checklist here.
- We will only accept 3 submissions per agent. Do not send us your whole roster.
- We will only consider artists who have a firm commitment to touring North America in 2021- 2023.
- Because globalFEST is an industry event intended for artists who are tour-ready, we prioritize artists who who have an agent attending (or are in NY during) the APAP (Association for Performing Arts Professionals) conference. Our experience shows that artists who have an agent or manager attending APAP have more successful outcomes following gF.
- We do not accept CDs, DVDs, or promotional materials by mail.
- Notifications will not be sent until July 2020, with invitations happening on a rolling basis through September 2020.
- Should you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]
"The importance of a
buzzed-about show at globalFEST
should not be underestimated."
- Billboard Magazine